Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Musings of a Dumb Ass

In the real world there is little hope for our survival as a Republic. I doubt that the real crash will happen in my lifetime because I'm getting old, but then on the other hand we're subject to free fall at any time, so I may live to see it.
When it happens there will be many that will suddenly be there to explain to the world why we went the way of the others who've tried and failed for the perfect society. It should be said, you don't have to be very damned smart to explain what happened past tense. It is also certain you're not very popular if you see it coming and say so, because those who are leading the way to the cliffs never seem to be aware of the certain disaster waiting.
Never in history has a government been able to be all things to all people. It is possible for government to be all things needed for all people, but the unfortunate thing is that all people aren't honest about what they need, so the serving government is doomed from inception. Laziness and greed is a human trait that cannot be overcome and never will be. We are all opportunists when opportunity drops in our lap, some more than others. Greed is a nasty word to those who are greedy and lazy is a damnable description to those who are, and our government is poised to protect those ready to take advantage.
The idea that those who are willing to work should be eager to share their wages with those who don't want to is insane. But the chance to dip into your neighbors pocket is welcomed by those who claim to be disabled or downtrodden or discriminated against or a long list of other reasons to keep from working and that behaviour is expected and supported by this government.
The only human being who should be getting any of my money is the paraplegic or the one who can no longer communicate. All others should be supported by either their families, church, or charity, but never government. It would be amazing to see ambition reborn in those who are taking advantage, which is just about everybody. Working makes you feel better. If my neighbor has as much and sometimes more and better than I and is doing it without working and on my money taken by my government without my consent and support then I have a right and even a duty to be angry about it.
I know what I think about anything doesn't matter much, and those recieving think I'm a heartless bastard, but the bus to oblivion is waiting, and once it gets to its destination there will be no return, and those at the feeding trough will suffer the most because they may actually have to do something to survive. Things won't change that much for me. I'll just keep working..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home