Saturday, April 15, 2006

Musings of a Dumb Ass

Musings of a Dumb Ass.......Most people have a latent restlessness in their souls. It is a kind of unsatisfaction with whatever their lot is no matter what their station in life is. It is an incredibly imaginative and sometimes adventuresome passion and is that spark that keeps all of us from desiring exactly the same things in life as the next Joe Blow. Some may be born with such a wanderlust that they forsake all that is known to them and all that is expected of them, and no one, especially those close to them have a clue why it is so important for anyone to go off like a fool to chase their passion and leave all that is familiar and certain behind. It could be described as a disease of the soul never allowing some to be happy within themselves no matter how successful they are. Many successful actors deep down think they could be great singers, and might be, by whatever standard it is that says you're great. But they will never grasp the heart of feeling in a song that Johnny Cash could or the simplistic message that haunts but cannot be unraveled lurking between the lines of a ragged edged Conway Twitty song. But likewise neither one could have the stance and and believability of even a mediocre actor in front of the camera. We all have talents, sometimes never known to us and because of a myriad of reasons and excuses may go to our graves never knowing what we're capable of, instead settling for what ever we are because we get locked in to our lives and it's just easier to keep on keepin' on than to study butterflies in the Amazon. I once rebelled on those who wanted to control my life and walked away from what most would have been unable to do. But I was rewarded with an incredible time in life where I came to intersections in the highway and chose which way to turn by the flip of a coin. I searched for myself without realizing what I was doing and even found myself mounted on a rodeo bucking bull with a bunch of crazy Cajuns deep into the bayou Tesche country far off the beaten tourist path. I'm not sure at my advanced age if I ever actually found my niche and what I'm actually best at in life, nor am I sure that any person who ever breathed did no matter how successful they might have been. But I do know that if the spirit of passion ever breathes on me again that life and living will give me an opportunity to be all that I can, and me and those I love and love me will be richer for it. For those who may not realize it, this Dumb Ass post is about freedom, and it belongs to all who breathe..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home