Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Musings of a Dumb Ass

Musings of a Dumb Ass...... OK kids...... I've had more than average comment about how fun stuff is so much better than that political stuff I usually write about. I've been taken back a bit by that because I never thought of myself as particularly political. To me political is when someone is attempting to promote a point of view or cause you to change yours in support of theirs. While I suppose I would have to admit to hoping one or two might see things the way I do, I really don't think I ever suggested the one who lost the election would have been better than the one who won nor do I suggest that whomever is on the horizon would surely lead us to bliss. Instead I've always thought of myself as a lover of history. And using that as my guide, try to figure out what is the likely result of a continued course of sameness. I also am fascinated by human behaviour, honesty and logic, and like to try my hand at comparison and understanding, then try to tie everything up into a package of probable end. I love math and physics and am completely mesmerised by time and space. Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking are my hero's and I try soooo hard to understand the known facts about the universe and then think about what's not known, and overtaxing my pitifully inadequate excuse for a brain in the process very quickly. I am consumed by humankind's known history and never tire of poking around about what made us as we are and remaining basically confused about it. I also am in a constant turmoil about God and whether or not such a thing exists. It amazes me that all faiths, of which there are hundreds worldwide, all but a couple have a human, usually dead, that acts as a go between to either send a message to the almighty, or to explain to the followers what everything means. I am absolutely a creature of simplicity and cannot understand why God has a need to send me a message through or about any one or any organization. It would appear to me if the 'Main Man' has any desire to manage my thinking or behaviour, he would pay me an unmistakenly indisputable visit in his own behalf and tell me what he expects of me. Of course this puts me at odds with all the religions I know about and leaves me incredibly frustrated with old age roaring down upon me and no decisions about what corner to wait on for the pick up to occur when old age does the inevitable to me. I love personal memories. And sometimes those who were a part of them suffer the consequence of my keyboard, although never in an intentional show of disrespect, but instead a sharing of humor. So......... me political? Since I believe any move to replace Frick with Frack will only replace your guy ruling me with their guy doing the same, and unequivocally continuing on the same path, that makes me somewhat impotent as a politically driven person. For those who are looking for a laugh or to be entertained, I concede today's post to be pitifully boring and disappointing. Possibly the next one will be better.......................... stand by............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home