Sunday, October 22, 2006

Musings of a Dumb Ass

Musings of a Dumb Ass......... So, what's a job worth? The older I get the more I worry about what I have less of.... the future. I'm 62 now. Why do I care? I'm not gonna be around for much of it anyway. So why can't I just go on down to Social Security and apply for my welfare check like all my friends who couldn't wait to do so. Or better yet... why didn't I come up with some problem of some kind 2o years ago and get disability like so many I know has done. At least I wouldn't have to worry about health care or breaking a bone. I could just whip those medicare and medicaid cards out and wait for everyone to service me while I grumble about co- pays. I could brag to whoever was listening about getting $900.00 worth of medicine for only $3.53. With any luck I could be at the pharmacy counter beside some fool working for a living trying to scrape up enough money to pay for his medicine, and make sure he heard me. Without insurance his service and medicine is much higher than insurance companies pay. That makes no sense to me and should be illegal. It is most certainly immoral. I'm always asking 'How'd we get this way?' How we got that way is a very large issue. Most will blame whomever their political party is not, as if the presence of their guys would really make a difference. Those we elect to power do make things better for some...... but who? I looked at a couple of those elected jobs and found some interesting things. In the 2004 Presidential campaign 88o million dollars was raised to help you decide who to elect as your Commander-In-Chief. 88o million dollars is enough to pay the Presidents salary for 2,200 years. That's right folks, two thousand two hundred years. Presently in my state there has been a total of 20 million dollars raised to help us decide who will be our next Senator. That's enough money to pay the Senators salary for more than 120 years. If any one wants to know who the elected officials will be helping, just have a look at the money doner list. Follow the money. I dare you. And don't be afraid. I've decided the truth has nothing to do with being free...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home