Monday, August 20, 2007

Musing Like The Dumb Ass I Am

The ability to deduce what happens next based on behaviour is sticky ground for most, and almost never understood. If you waste your money, you will become financially troubled. If you cheat on or disrespect your spouse, you will most likely be alone at some point, and if not alone at best inherently unhappy. If you insult a true bad ass, likely, you'll get your ass kicked.
The same kind of logic rules all things in our world. Don't waste anything, believe in and respect those close to you, and know who you're ordering around. That's a simple recipe for life and living and it works in theory in all applications, especially for societies.
I'm not a sage but I've lived long enough to understand a bit about behaviour. I also have lived through what is unequivocally the human races' most exciting time. While all of humanity hasn't enjoyed good times equally and advancement at the same rate, I've watched us bend and give over to the 'me time' to the point that as a nation we long ago stopped being the beacon to follow and have become the 'spoiled ones' that a good portion of the world will celebrate when we fall on our faces.
I can't think of many values that formed us that are still intact. I can't think of many rules for living that are not unchanged or diluted.
I say grace over 156 addresses in a private community and because of my place and position, I know things. Privately and publicly I keep it to myself, but some facts are evident without giving away anyones private situations. On a drive through our property a couple of weeks ago I counted those addresses whom I knew were recieving a Government check. It makes no difference to me why an address is recieving a Government check, only that they do, or not. My figures suggested that about 65% of our residents get a government check every month. Not included were those who might be recieving food stamps, day care subsidy, educational benefits, nor those who are working on a Government funded program, such as building roads or employed by an entity providing service to Government. If those individuals had been included the overall percentage of those beholden to government would have been much larger, in fact probably in the 90 percentile.
We are not self sufficient on anything now. The only thing we're really good at is printing money, and that will prove to be self destructive in the end. When that no longer works, and when we've learned that the biggest arsenal won't make the world bow down, we also will find we are helpless. We have no factories, no one to work in them anyway, which will be disastrous for transportation and textiles, and eventually we will have no military because to be military is no longer a requirement to be American, and without money, who the hell wants to fight.
The best thing about such a bleak picture is that there'll be no danger of another country taking us over, that's already been done, and not a shot was fired. God bless all the Honda's, and don't forget Wal-Mart who in their brilliant strategy taught us to not worry about where it came from, just have the cheapest. And don't forget those lovable politicians who showed us we don't have to work at all if we'd rather not...... just sign up for the check...or checks......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home