Saturday, August 19, 2006

Musings of a Dumb Ass

Musings of a Dumb Ass...... In todays world nothing stays the same long enough to get used to it. And, some things can't change fast enough to stay up with parity. I have a little midsize pick-up that takes me where ever I want to go for as small of a buck as possible. Even at that, my last gas fill up cost $48.50, compared with about half that a year ago. Today I paid a visit to the tire store to have a couple of new ones on the front, and the bill was $103.00 for the pair, which is about what the two new ones I put on a couple of years ago cost. In todays world one of the new tires is worth a tank of gasoline in my little truck, or a dinner at a family style steakhouse for me and my bride. What's troublesome is the certainty of those tires and those dinners increasing by the same percentage the gasoline has, and you can take that to the bank. The utilities in my part of the country have applied to the public service commission for a rate increase, some of them claiming 15 years since the last increase. That's odd, no one has explained to me why my utilities have doubled over the last 5 years, incredibly so, without a rate increase. We've reached an age that translation of facts can result in so many answers that reality gets lost before bottom lines appear and this is the world we must live in. The first simple rule for living in a secure world is trust. No one has it, and no one can give it. It's a mystery to me how and why this is. The sad and dark side of this is what happens when our world collapses, and it will. It's sad because some how we lost our way in trusting each other, and the dark side is it will get much worse. I think our current inflation rate over all, (even though my two tires cost about the same as two years ago) is double digit as opposed to the .04% the government said it was last month, which means translated that with double digit inflation everything you buy, including the tires for my pick-up, must double over the next year just as gasoline has over the last year, except of course your income, which will mostly remain stagnant except it's buying power will be cut in half, putting mid-stream America in a real squeeze. I'm gonna make myself a note to check things out one year from today. It'll be interesting to see how things stack up. I'll let you know ....... if there's any electricity, and if I can still afford it..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home